3 Day Class
This class is a comprehensive and step-by-step guide to making a custom chef’s knife, from a simple steel bar to a full-finish and functional chef knife. This class requires you to have knowledge and background in knife-making, and we certainly recommend to have a few years of experience in knife-making or take our Beginner & Advanced classes first. Our Chef’s Knife class is more than a simple knife-making class; we will review the steel options, usability, functionality, geometry, ergonomics, and much more. Our goal is to refine your techniques and take your artisanship to the next level.
- 12 to 13 Inch Overall Blade Size
- Your Choice Of Chef Knife From Existing Designs.
- Steel & Material Introductions
- Chef Knife Design & Geometry
- Chef Knife Usability & Functionality
- Progressive Heat Treatment
- Handle Construction & Ergonomics
- Sharpening & Honing Techniques